Safari’s and Tours
Reviews and Recommendations
You will visit: Kruger National Park
You will visit: Kruger National Park, Balule Natural Park
You will visit: Dinokeng, The Lion Park, Elephant Sanctuary, Bush Babies Sanctuary
You will visit: Johannesburg, Kruger NP, Hazyview, Blyde River Canyon, More
You will visit: Johannesburg, Pretoria, Swaziland, Kruger National Park
You will visit: Johannesburg, Pretoria, Blyde River Canyon, Hazyview, More
Johannesburg, Pilanesberg GR, Sun City
You will visit: Johannesburg, Ukhahlamba, Himeville, Sani Pass, More
You will visit: Pretoria, Kruger NP, Hluhluwe-Imfolozi GR, Isimangaliso, More
You will visit: Pretoria, Kruger NP, Visit Historical & Cultural sites, Game Viewing on route, More
Write or view our reviews >>>
No cancellation fees for Ebola
We are so confident that there will be no Ebola outbreak in South Africa that we are prepared to amend our standard terms and conditions to offer a guaranteed 100% refund to all clients who have booked with us in advance, and end up having to cancel or postpone in the unlikely event that the Ebola outbreak spreads to South Africa.
This amended cancellation policy will apply to any new or existing bookings if the sole reason for cancellation or postponement is an Ebola outbreak, which we define as follows:
An Ebola outbreak must be called and confirmed by the WHO. It is not one or two isolated, imported cases of Ebola from people arriving from affected areas, and merely being treated or quarantined locally. An Ebola outbreak is when there are multiple (two or more) confirmed cases of NEW INFECTIONS that have occurred WITHIN South Africa (or any adjacent destination on your itinerary booked through us), excluding direct family members or health care workers who have had direct contact with isolated Ebola victims, where the spread of the virus remains contained within the treatment facility and does not affect the general public.
(It is important to stress that many countries including the US have already had one or two isolated cases of imported Ebola victims being treated, and in some cases infection has spread to direct family members or health care workers who have had careless, close personal contact with the victim. In none of these cases has this resulted in an Ebola outbreak amongst the general public. In the recent American case, all 48 people who had contact with the victim were monitored and NONE of them contracted Ebola, apart from the original nurses who treated him before they realized he had Ebola. Again, this puts the risk in perspective.)
Should an Ebola outbreak occur in South Africa as per above definition, you are entitled to cancel or postpone your trip at no charge, subject to the following conditions:
1. That there is a genuine and confirmed Ebola outbreak in South Africa or other adjacent destination on your itinerary as booked with Flight of the Eagle Safaris & Tours.
2. That a trip postponement is subject to availability for the new travel dates. Your trip can be postponed without penalty for up to 1 year from original date of travel.
3. That you have paid by credit card (this is advisable since most credit cards automatically also include basic travel insurance) since we will simply reverse the transaction on your credit card to process the refund. This avoids unnecessary foreign currency conversion fees and bank charges associated with refunds by bank transfer. If you have paid by bank transfer, we can still refund you but your refund amount will be subject to deduction of the applicable bank charges and foreign currency conversion fees.
4. All clients are required to take out comprehensive travel insurance, and should first claim from their travel insurance in case of an Ebola outbreak. This protects us in the highly unlikely event of an Ebola outbreak, because some third party suppliers may not have the same generous cancellation policy in place and will charge us cancellation fees. We will then refund whatever amount is not covered by your travel insurance.
5. That you understand a change in dates may result in a minor change in rates if third party rates have been increased, and fall in a new season or a new year. Our own rates will not be affected (for up to 12 months) but third party suppliers such as accommodation providers may implement annual increases or seasonal (high and low season) rates that may affect your amended travel dates. Flight costs may also be subject to change.
6. Flights can only be covered by this agreement if you allow us to book refundable or amendable flight tickets for you. With most airlines, their cheapest ticket class is not refundable and allows no changes, so if we are asked to book any of your flights and you insist that we book you on the cheapest available flights, the cost of flights will be excluded from this refund offer. Our advice is that you book your own flights online and book the slightly more expensive airfares or ticket option, with more flexible booking terms and a full refund policy in place. Most airfares (even low cost airlines) also allow a cancellation insurance option at a small extra cost. If we book your flights and you opt not to take the cancellation insurance or more flexible ticket option, your flights will not be covered by this agreement.
7. This applies only to cancellations or postponements due to a confirmed Ebola outbreak in your travel destination as booked by Flight of the Eagle Safaris & Tours. For all other cancellations or postponements, our regular terms and conditions and standard cancellation policy will apply.
We hope this offer of a 100% refund will set your mind at ease, that you are not taking a financial risk by booking a trip to Africa during this time.
Why are you so confident? Isn't Ebola very serious?
Yes and no. It is serious in three, small, West African countries called Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea. In the rest of Africa, the risk of Ebola is not serious at all. Here is a summary of some points that will explain why we are so confident. If you have not read our previous blog posts or still have doubts about travelling to South Africa, these points will hopefully help to put things in perspective and ease any concerns you may have regarding Ebola:
Where is Ebola?
May we also point out that all of the Flight of the Eagle Safaris & Tours team happen to live in South Africa with our families and we can honestly say that we have zero fear of contracting Ebola. Not because we are ignorant, but because we are informed. To date, EVERY SINGLE Ebola-related travel postponement or trip cancellation has been entirely pointless and an unfortunate waste, not just for us and the local tourism industry in terms of lost revenue, but for the travellers concerned, who have missed out on a fantastic trip, and may end up spending more money later on to do a similar trip (for example, the ZAR-USD exchange rate is very favourable for foreign tourists at the moment – South Africa currently offers the best value for money that it has in many years).
In closing, our advice regarding Ebola is well-researched and based on WHO fact sheets, not media hype. We've had endorsements from healthcare experts with experience in infectious diseases and public health care in the UK as well as in South Africa. Don't believe the media hype, and don't let the fear of Ebola spoil your African adventure.
We look forward to welcoming you to a safe, sunny, Ebola-free South Africa for the safari of a lifetime with Flight of the Eagle Safaris & Tours!
|5 Day Fote Safari Kruger Park South Africa|
|5-Day Dream Safari in Wonderful Kruger Park South Africa|
|3-Day Safari On The Wild Side with Direct Interaction|
|4-Day Safari in Kruger National Park and Surrounds South Africa|
|5-Day Kruger Park, Kingdom Of Swaziland & Panoramic Tour|
|15-Day Best Of South Africa - Cape Town, Kruger & Panorama|
|10-Day Safari with a Lifetime of Memories|
|7-Day Scenery and History Safari|
|4-Day Safari Pilansberg and Sun City South Africa|
|9-Day Heritage Tour of Kruger National Park|
|Daily Game Drives|
|Kruger National Park|
|Marakele National Park|
|Mapungubwe National Park|
|Mokala National Park|
|Karoo National Park|
|Addo Elephant National Park|
|Tankwa-Karoo National Park|
|Mabalingwe | The Place of the Spotted Leopard|
|Pilansberg Game Reserve|
|Rietvlei Nature Reserve|
|Elephant Sanctuary - African Interaction and primate Experience|
|De Wildt Cheetah Centre|
|Rhino and Lion Park|
|Ukutula - Lion Park and Lodge|
|Mongena Game Lodge|
|The Panorama Tour - Mpumalanga South Africa|
|The Drakensberg Mountains - Kwazulu Natal South Africa|
|Golden Gate Highlands Park - Orange Free State South Africa|
|Namaqualand - Northern and Western Cape South Africa|
|Garden Route - Western and Eastern Cape South Africa|
|Cradle of Humankind - Maropeng|
|Sun City Hotel and Resort South Africa|
|Pretoria - City of Tshwane|
|The Voortrekker Monument|
|Centurion - Smuts House & Tea Garden|
|Cullinan Diamond Mine|
|Johannesburg - Gold Reef City|
|Lesedi Cultural Village|
|Nelson Mandela Family Home Soweto South Africa|
|Hector Pieterson Memorial|
|Regina Mundi Catholic Church|